Discuss how combining Reform Judaism with developmental thinking creates practical wisdom.
Changing Wisdoms with Reform Judaism
A quarterly course. Each 90-minute session will have two short handouts with readings provided both in class and on-line (at changingwisdoms.net/course). One reading will be an excerpt from the 2013 Reform Rabbinical Rubrics and the other from one of five contemporary works listed below. Participants will discuss how the readings might be useful for the development of our congregation as well as for their own lives.
The course has no book requirement, but for those who want extra reading all five books are available on Amazon:
• American Jewish Thought
• A God We Can Believe In
• Teachers, learners, modes of practice: Theory and methodology for identifying knowledge development
• The Mussar Torah Commentary
• The Torah: A Women’s Commentary
Learn to collaboratively record inspiring stories of local people in four sessions, taught online or through the Fuquay-Varina Arts Center.
Capturing Wisdoms One at a Time
1. Learn about Developmental Interviewing
2. Explore participant interview experiences
3. Turning Interviews Into Stories
4. Refining Stories for Publication
Recommended reading: Teachers, Learners, Modes of Practice